There are few things better than a great farmers market. Walking among the fresh fruits and veggies, tasting the homemade jams, sipping my coffee, and listening to local music is pretty much a perfect morning for everyone.
Luckily, Jefferson Parish has several markets where you can do just that. Check out our list of some of our Farmers & Seafood Markets below and #ShopLocal!
- 739 Third Street, Gretna
- Every Saturday, (except the Saturday of the Gretna Heritage Festival)
Enjoy fresh local produce, live music arts & crafts, and more under a covered pavilion in historic Old Gretna!
Old Metairie Farmers Arts Market
- Bayou Metairie Park
- 2713 Metairie Road, Metaire (Across from the Ruby Slipper.)
- The first Tuesday of every month
Old Metairie hosts a farmers market that features fresh produce, live music, crafts, kids activities, and more!
- 3000 Downs Boulevard, Metairie
- Every Wednesday
This market, held at beautiful Lafreniere Park, features local growers of fresh fruits, vegetables, nuts, plants, flowers, live music, herbs, pickled items, healing products, handmade leather goods, jewelry, local artworks, and so much more!
- 6601 10th Street, Harahan (Harahan Playground)
- Every Sunday
Harahan's Farmers Market is family & dog friendly, focusing on health, wellness, & positivity within the community.
- 410 Williams Blvd, Kenner (parking lot across from the DMV)
- Every Thursday
Rivertown Farmers Market has a variety of fresh & local produce, desserts, art, soap, candles, jewelry, and more!
- 100 Westbank Expy at Louisiana St, Westwego
- Daily Mon-Sat 8AM-8PM, Sun 8AM-6PM
If you're looking for the best seafood around, look no further than the "locally" famous Westwego Shrimp Lot! Find fresh crabs, fish, shrimp, and more. You can even see the shrimp boats docked just a few blocks away!