There are few things better than a great farmers market. Walking among the fresh fruits and veggies, tasting the homemade jams, sipping my coffee, and listening to local music is pretty much a perfect morning for everyone.
Luckily, Jefferson Parish has several markets where you can do just that. Check out our list of some of our Farmers & Seafood Markets below and #ShopLocal!
- 739 Third Street, Gretna
- Every Saturday, (except the Saturday of the Gretna Heritage Festival)
Enjoy fresh local produce, live music arts & crafts, and more under a covered pavilion in historic Old Gretna!
Old Metairie Farmers Arts Market
- Bayou Metairie Park
- 2713 Metairie Road, Metaire (Across from the Ruby Slipper.)
Old Metairie hosts a farmers market that features fresh produce, live music, crafts, kids activities, and more!
Lafreniere Park Farmers Arts Market
- 3000 Downs Boulevard, Metairie
- Every Wednesday
This market, held at beautiful Lafreniere Park, features local growers of fresh fruits, vegetables, nuts, plants, flowers, live music, herbs, pickled items, healing products, handmade leather goods, jewelry, local artworks, and so much more!
Harahan Farmers Market
- June 2022 through September 2022
- 6601 10th Street, Harahan
- Every Sunday
Harahan's Farmers Market is family & dog friendly, focusing on health, wellness, & positivity within the community.
Westwego Shrimp Lot
- 100 Westbank Expy at Louisiana St, Westwego
- Daily Mon-Sat 8AM-8PM, Sun 8AM-6PM
If you're looking for the best seafood around, look no further than the "locally" famous Westwego Shrimp Lot! Find fresh crabs, fish, shrimp, and more. You can even see the shrimp boats docked just a few blocks away!
Jean Lafitte Town Market
- Jules Nunez Seafood Pavilion
- 920 Jean Lafitte Blvd, Lafitte
- Happening once a month during the summer from 10am to 2pm
The Jean Lafitte Town Market includes food from local restaurants and vendors selling fresh seafood and arts and crafts. Food highlights include fresh boiled seafood, redfish, and fried potatoes, softshell shrimp pasta and seafood sliders, seafood gumbo, and boudin balls.