Free Things to Do
If it’s free, it’s for me! From beautiful green spaces to concerts, Jefferson Parish is full of fun and free activities for everyone. Check out some of our FREE events below!
- Music & Movies in the Park – During the spring, enjoy free music on Friday nights as well as free movies on Saturday nights at Heritage Park in Kenner.
- Friday Night Concerts in Westwego – See favorite local bands perform on certain Fridays of the month at the Westwego Farmers & Fisheries Market.
- Farmers Markets – Enjoy fresh produce, arts & crafts, homemade jams and more at one of our four farmers markets.
- Artscapes - Artscapes is a public art program created to bring art in the form of sculptures to Jefferson Parish. With sculptures located on major thoroughfares, public parks and on other public spaces, you can see and appreciate art in an informal setting.
- German-American Cultural Center – Learn about the rich German heritage that contributed to Louisiana’s history through exhibits, lectures, and other educational activities.
- Grand Isle - Cast a line from a fishing pier, bridge or even the shore in Grand Isle. Enjoy a picnic and build a sand castle on one of their pristine beaches. While you are there, visit the Butterfly Dome and see various species of Louisiana butterflies and plants.
- Barataria Preserve – Take a walk on the boardwalk trails and see the hidden world of the wetlands at the Barataria Preserve.
- Bike the beautiful Mississippi River trail in Harahan or the Gretna EZ Bike Ride.
- Enjoy a picnic in Kenner’s Heritage Park or feed the ducks in Metairie’s Lafreniere Park.
- Learn about the constellations at the Gretna Observatory.
New Orleans’ Playful Neighbor
Nestled next to our famous neighbor, New Orleans, Jefferson offers a vibrant night life, as well as the quiet serenity of a nature walk. Our communities are comprised historic homes, fishing piers,... See More
Location: Gretna, Kenner, Westwego
Go beyond the history of the city of New Orleans and take a more in depth look at the history of the Mississippi River region. Jefferson hugs both the east and west banks of the Mississippi and plays... See More
A Culinary Craze
Jefferson Parish restaurants are among Louisiana’s best, offering the freshest ingredients, specialty dishes and friendly staff. Louisiana is known as a culinary epicenter offering a variety of... See More
The Beautiful Bayou
Location: Jean Lafitte
Discover the natural wonders of the Jean Lafitte National Historical Park and Preserve. With a unique ecosystem the preserve is a representative example of the delta's environment, containing natural... See More
Louisiana's Only Inhabited Barrier Island
Location: Grand Isle
The State of Louisiana maintains a mile of beach front at Grand Isle State Park on the easternmost staying e park looks out toward nearby Grand Terre island, once the lair of the legendary pirate (or... See More