Zea Roasted Corn Grits
2 cups chicken broth
2 cups heavy cream
¼ stick butter
1 cup golden corn
1 cup yellow grits ( not instant)
Green onions for garnish
1. To grill corn, shuck off husk. Lightly butter corn cob and grill over charcoal or open fire until slightly blackened.
2. Cool corn and cut kernels from cob with sharp knife.
3. Bring chicken broth to a boil. Add heavy cream and return to boil.
4. Slowly whisk in the grits and then the corn.
5. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and cook 5 to 6 minutes.
6. Add salt and pepper to taste.
7. Garnish with thinly sliced green onions.
Courtesy of Zea Rotisserie & Grill.
New Orleans’ Playful Neighbor
Nestled next to our famous neighbor, New Orleans, Jefferson offers a vibrant night life, as well as the quiet serenity of a nature walk. Our communities are comprised historic homes, fishing piers,... See More
Location: Gretna, Kenner, Westwego
Go beyond the history of the city of New Orleans and take a more in depth look at the history of the Mississippi River region. Jefferson hugs both the east and west banks of the Mississippi and plays... See More
A Culinary Craze
Jefferson Parish restaurants are among Louisiana’s best, offering the freshest ingredients, specialty dishes and friendly staff. Louisiana is known as a culinary epicenter offering a variety of... See More
The Beautiful Bayou
Location: Jean Lafitte
Discover the natural wonders of the Jean Lafitte National Historical Park and Preserve. With a unique ecosystem the preserve is a representative example of the delta's environment, containing natural... See More
Louisiana's Only Inhabited Barrier Island
Location: Grand Isle
The State of Louisiana maintains a mile of beach front at Grand Isle State Park on the easternmost staying e park looks out toward nearby Grand Terre island, once the lair of the legendary pirate (or... See More