Halloween is a favorite holiday with both kids and adults. It must be the costumes, candy, spooky stories, and parties! Check out our list of Jefferson Parish Halloween events!
1) Lafreniere Pumpkin Patch - Oct 6-31: It wouldn't be fall without picking out a pumpkin or two! Pumpkins range in price from $1-20. Costume contest will take place on October 28th. They are also booking Pumpkin Patch Field trips, birthday parties & are able to deliver pumpkins.
2) Halloween Photos and Goblin Express at Lakeside Shopping Center - Oct 14-31:. Get your photo taken in the pumpkin patch and with the Great Pumpkin! Click here for more info.
3) Gretna Historical Society Hook & Ladder Cemetery Tour - Oct 21: Take a guided tour through Gretna's historic Hook & Ladder Cemetery where local actors, dressed in period costumes, will tell stories about the lives and times of various people buried there. Light refreshments will be served by the Red Maple. Learn more here.
4) Town of Jean Lafitte Market Halloween Costume Contest- Oct 21: All ghosts and goblins are invited to show off their Halloween costumes! There will be a costume contest for kids age 1-12 and prizes awarded in each age group.
6) Trunk or Treat:
- Atonement Lutheran Trunk or Treat - Oct 27
- Marrero Trunk or Treat & Movie Under the Stars - Oct 27
- Metairie UMC Trunk or Treat - Oct 28
- Trunk or Treat - Movies in the Park - Oct 28
7) Creatures of the Night: Learning about our Bats - Oct 27: Join the Barataria Preserve Park Rangers and Dr. Craig Hood of Loyola University for an evening program about the bats of Barataria. After the talk and questions and answer session, bat sound detection equipment will be used to help us hear the bats fly by! A children’s bat craft will be available during the talk.
8) Lafreniere Park-A-Boo Halloween Festival - Oct 27-29: Park-A-Boo is a 3-day Halloween Festival. Multiple attractions allow a variety of activities that are age appropriate for families to enjoy together.
9) Bayou Segnette State Park Haunted Swamp Trail - Oct 28: Calling all ghouls and goblins! Head out for trick or treating at Bayou Segnette State Park's campground! This year there will be free refreshments, candy and a haunted swamp trail! For overnight campers, there will be a costume contest for the best decorated campsite!
10) Jefferson Parish Library Trick or Treating - Oct 28: Color your own trick-or-treat bag, and begin your trek around the library to all of the library departments to trick-or-treat!
11) Mall-O-Ween at The Esplanade - Oct 30: Join The Esplanade for indoor trick or treating at the mall!
12) Gretna Goblin Night - Oct 31: No tricks and all treats at Gretna's Goblin Night! Music, fun, games, candy, popcorn, punch and more! Intended for children 10 and under.
Hope everyone has a spoooooky good time! Are there any Jefferson Parish Halloween events I left out? Tell me in the comments! And you can find all of our events on our events calendar!
Want to learn more about Jefferson Parish, order a FREE visitor guide here.