Halloween is a favorite holiday with both kids and adults. It must be the costumes, candy, spooky stories, and parties! Check out our list of some of Jefferson Parish's top Halloween events!
1) Westwego Performing Arts Theatre presents: The Rocky Horror Show - September 27-October 13: In this cult classic, sweethearts Brad and Janet, stuck with a flat tire during a storm, discover the eerie mansion of Dr. Frank-N-Furter, a transvestite scientist. As their innocence is lost, Brad and Janet meet a houseful of wild characters!
2) Halloween Events at Lakeside Shopping Center - October 12-31: Get your photo taken, ride the Monster Train, trick-or-treat and shop!
3) Lafreniere Pumpkin Patch - Coming soon! It wouldn't be fall without picking out a pumpkin or two! Pumpkins range in price from $1-20. They are also booking Pumpkin Patch Field trips, birthday parties & are able to deliver pumpkins.
4) New Orleans Nightmare Haunted House - Through November 2: The world-famous 13th Floor Haunted House presents a Halloween experience like none other, New Orleans Nightmare! With some of the most intense and widely recognized haunted attractions in the country, 13th Floor brings a new kind of fear to The Big Easy...one where your nightmares come to play! Located in Jefferson, under the Huey P. Long Bridge, New Orleans Nightmare haunted house is sure to awaken your deepest fears!
5) Old Metairie Movie Night presents Disney's The Haunted Mansion - October 4: Families are encouraged to dress up in their Halloween costumes and to bring their own chairs, blankets and beverages as they enjoy a Halloween classic. Food will be available for purchase from a variety of vendors as well as a “trick or treat” station for children in costume courtesy of the Metairie Road District.
6) Movie Night at the Market presents Halloweentown - October 18: Enjoy a family-friendly Halloween classic at the Westwego Farmer's Market!
7) Family Halloween Party - October 20: Celebrate Halloween with a costume contest, trick-or-treat, pumpkin patch, crafts and more at the Westwego Farmer's Market! This is event is sensory sensitive.
8) Lafreniere Park-A-Boo Halloween Festival - Oct 26-28: Park-A-Boo is a 3-day Halloween Festival. Multiple attractions allow a variety of activities that are age appropriate for families to enjoy together.
9) Goosebumps 2: Haunted Halloween at Gretna Back to the Drive-In - October 26: It's Back to the Drive-In in beautiful historic Gretna along Huey P. Long Avenue. Enjoy movies and food and refreshments will be available for sale. Bring your lawn chairs and blankets!
10) Bayou Segnette State Park Haunted Swamp Trail - Oct 26: Calling all ghouls and goblins! Head out for trick or treating at Bayou Segnette State Park's campground, refreshments, candy and a haunted swamp trail! For overnight campers, there will be a costume contest for the best decorated campsite!
11) Gretna Goblin Night - Oct 31: No tricks and all treats at Gretna's Goblin Night! Music, fun, games, candy, popcorn, punch and more! Intended for children 10 and under.
Hope everyone has a spoooooky good time!
You can find all of our events on our events calendar! And, don't forget to tag #VisitJeffersonParish in your pics! We could share your posts and even feature them on our website!
Want to learn more about Jefferson Parish, order a FREE visitor guide here.