Halloween is a favorite holiday with both kids and adults. It must be the costumes, candy, spooky stories, and parties! Due to COVID-19, many of our annual Halloween events have been canceled, but there is still some spooky fun to be had. Check out our list below!
1) Lafreniere Pumpkin Patch - Through October 30th: It wouldn't be fall without picking out a pumpkin or two! The pumpkin patch is open Monday to Sunday from noon to dusk. Due to COVID safety regulations, there will be limited numbers to view pumpkins and masks are required.
2) New Orleans Nightmare Haunted House - Through October 31: The world-famous 13th Floor Haunted House presents a Halloween experience like none other, New Orleans Nightmare! With some of the most intense and widely recognized haunted attractions in the country, 13th Floor brings a new kind of fear to The Big Easy...one where your nightmares come to play! Located in Jefferson, under the Huey P. Long Bridge, New Orleans Nightmare haunted house is sure to awaken your deepest fears! Be sure and check out their new COVID safety guidelines here.
3) Jefferson Community Band Halloween Concert - October 29: Enjoy a FREE outdoor Halloween Concert by the Jefferson Community Band at Bucktown Marina. Dress in costume if you want, bring a lawn chair and listen to some great music!
4) Drive-In Déjà Vu: Ghostbusters - October 30: Enjoy the classic movie Ghostbusters at the Pontchartrain Center.
5) Lafreniere Park Trunk or Treat - October 30: Enjoy trunk or treat at beautiful Lafreniere Park on October 30th! Tickets will be $5.00 per child 12 and under, and children are encouraged to dress up. There will be food trucks on-site with refreshments available for purchase.
6) Music & Movie Night at Pontiff Playground - October 30: Come out for a family-friendly night of music with School of Rock followed by a showing of Casper, the friendly ghost! Music begins at 5:30pm and the movie begins at 7pm.
7) Clearview City Center Boo at the View - October 31: Join Clearview for their annual Halloween celebration Boo at the View! This year, the event will include safely spaced stations throughout the Shopping Center for trick or treating, a few fun characters passing out treats, a magic show, and the family-friendly haunted house, Warehouse of Wax, will be in full operation.
8) Bayou Segnette State Park Trick-or-Treat - October 31: Calling all ghosts and superheroes! Bayou Segnette State Park is hosting Trick-or-Treat in the Park from 4-6 pm on Sat., Oct. 31st. Arrive early, pay your $3 per person park entrance fee, and get settled because the kids will walk the campsite area and the roads in that area will be closed for safety.
9) Creeping in the Campground at Bayou Segnette State Park - October 31: Grand Isle State Park will be hosting "Creeping in the Campground" on Saturday, October 31st from 4:00 pm until 6:00 pm! This is a trick-or-treating event open to all campground and day-use guests. They ask that all campers who wish to participate have candy available to pass out to the ghouls and goblins.
Hope everyone has a spoooooky good time!
You can find all of our events on our events calendar! And, don't forget to tag #VisitJeffersonParish in your pics! We could share your posts and even feature them on our website!
Want to learn more about Jefferson Parish, order a FREE visitor guide here.