Starting Friday, April 24, at 9:00 a.m., hospitality workers can apply online at UnitedWaySELA.org/HospitalityCares or call 211 to complete the application over the phone.
Grant applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Has not previously been awarded a Hospitality Cares Pandemic Response Fund grant
- Earn a household income at or below $61,000
- Reside in United Way of Southeast Louisiana's seven-parish service area, including Jefferson, Orleans, St. Bernard, St. Tammany, Plaquemines, Tangipahoa, or Washington parishes
- Work(ed) directly for a restaurant, bar or hotel in Louisiana between Feb. 1, 2020 and date of application
- Are experiencing a financial emergency as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak
Supporting documents required for application include:
- Income Eligibility: Copy of 2018 or 2019 1040/1040EZ Federal Tax Return
- Residency Eligibility: (Choice of one) Louisiana Government Issued ID, Louisiana Driver’s License, 2020 Electricity Bill, 2020 Water Utility Bill, Lease or Mortgage Statement
- Industry Eligibility: Paystub with your name, your employer’s name, and days worked between February 1, 2020 and date of application or COVID-19 separation letter from employee
Initial application review will take place within 10 business days of submission. Funds are limited, and it is not guaranteed that each qualified applicant will be approved.
The Louisiana Hospitality Foundations' mission is to strengthen Louisiana's hospitality industry through support of individuals within the community. We do this by supporting workforce development programs directly related to our industry; providing access to culinary & hospitality education; working to ensure a positive perception of Louisiana's hospitality industry; and providing financial assistance and/or guidance to people in the hospitality industry during timed of crisis.
The Louisiana Hospitality Foundation are the producers of the Louisiana Seafood Festival, Champions Club at Zurich Classic and more!