National Oyster Day Contest
Shuck It To Me! In celebration of National Oyster Day on Aug 5th, the Louisiana Oyster Trail is holding our annual Facebook contest and we want to see you enjoying what we love the most, oysters! Enter a photo that shows you, a family member, or friends enjoying oysters, whether it’s at a restaurant, a BBQ, at home…wherever! Maybe you're cooking them, shucking them or eating them, we don't care, just as long as you're enjoying them! We want to see you showing how much you love oysters! #ShuckItToMe #NationalOysterDay #LouisianaOysterTrail
How To Enter: (Don't worry...it's easy!)
1) "Like" the Louisiana Oyster Trail Facebook page.
2) Send your picture in a private message ONLY to the Louisiana Oyster Trail’s Facebook page. Please make sure to include your contact information (name, address, birthday, phone number & email)
3) We will add it to our National Oyster Day Contest Photo Album.
4) Have your family & friends visit and "like" our page. Then "like" your photo that will be listed in the National Oyster Day Contest Photo Album.
5) The top 3 pictures with the most likes will win gift cards to some of our favorite Louisiana Oyster Trail restaurants!
1st Place Winner: $150 value in Louisiana Oyster Trail restaurant gift cards & Bottle of Drago's Charbroiling Sauce
2nd Place Winner: $75 value in Louisiana Oyster Trail restaurant gift cards & Bottle of Drago's Charbroiling Sauce
3rd Place Winner: $50 value in Louisiana Oyster Trail restaurant gift cards & Bottle of Drago's Charbroiling Sauce
- Contest will run July 24-August 21, 2017.
- Last day to submit a photo is Friday August 18, 2017 by 5:00pm (CST).
- All photos must be submitted to the Louisiana Oyster Trail in a private message and not posted to the wall of the Facebook page.
- To enter contest you must provide required contact information: full name, address, birthday, phone number & email.
- Photo must contain people; you, your family, friends. Photo cannot just be a picture of an oyster dish.
- Winners will be determined by fans voting for their favorite picture and the top three winners will be chosen.
- Last day to cast a vote with a “like” will be on Monday, August 21, 2017 at 12:00pm (CST).
- The top three winners will be announced on Monday, August 21, 2017.
- Must be 18 years of age to enter.
- One entry per household.
*Employees of Jefferson CVB, JCVB Board of Directors, Buisson Creative Strategies, & their families are not eligible to enter. All applicable federal & state rules apply. Any claims arising out of this promotion are to be governed by Louisiana law. This promotion is void where prohibited by law. One entry per household allowed (ODDS OF WINNING 1st, 2nd, or 3rd PLACE PRIZES DEPEND UPON THE NUMBER OF ENTRIES RECEIVED/ PICTURE WITH THE MOST LIKES WILL WIN 1ST PLACE PRIZE, PICTURE WITH THE SECOND MOST LIKES WILL WIN 2ND PLACE PRIZE, & PICTURE WITH THE THIRD MOST LIKES WILL WIN 3RD PLACE PRIZE.)
New Orleans’ Playful Neighbor
Nestled next to our famous neighbor, New Orleans, Jefferson offers a vibrant night life, as well as the quiet serenity of a nature walk. Our communities are comprised historic homes, fishing piers,... See More
Location: Gretna, Kenner, Westwego
Go beyond the history of the city of New Orleans and take a more in depth look at the history of the Mississippi River region. Jefferson hugs both the east and west banks of the Mississippi and plays... See More
A Culinary Craze
Jefferson Parish restaurants are among Louisiana’s best, offering the freshest ingredients, specialty dishes and friendly staff. Louisiana is known as a culinary epicenter offering a variety of... See More
The Beautiful Bayou
Location: Jean Lafitte
Discover the natural wonders of the Jean Lafitte National Historical Park and Preserve. With a unique ecosystem the preserve is a representative example of the delta's environment, containing natural... See More
Louisiana's Only Inhabited Barrier Island
Location: Grand Isle
The State of Louisiana maintains a mile of beach front at Grand Isle State Park on the easternmost staying e park looks out toward nearby Grand Terre island, once the lair of the legendary pirate (or... See More