Get all your fishing gear, tackle and bait along with food, ice, beverages and fuel to enjoy your day out on the water at a number of marinas and bait shops throughout the Town of Jean Lafitte and Grand Isle.
Types of Tackle "Bait" used to catch fish in Jefferson Parish:
- Angle- to fish with rod, fishing pole or hook & line, with or without a reel
- Cast net - a light circular net of vegetable or synthetic materials, weighted, that is thrown by hand over water
- Hook - any curved or bent device attached to a line for the purpose of taking fish, consisting of not more than one eye and one shank with no more than three barbs.
- Live Bait- shrimp, squid or minnows
- Monofilament - a single untwisted synthetic filament.
- Trigger - any tension-loader rubber band or spring device that contains several feet of line and a hook, which is baited and set, which automatically hooks and plays a fish.
Jefferson, much like most of Louisiana, knows how to fish. Whether you plan to cast from a pier in a quiet country setting or share the day with fellow fishermen, you can experience some of the best fishing in Louisiana.
Recreational fishing licenses may be purchased online by visiting http://www.wlf.louisiana.gov/licenses or by telephone using Visa or MasterCard. Call toll free 1-888-765-2602. An authorization number for immediate use will be provided and licenses will be mailed to the licensee. A service fee is charged.