It’s "Spooky Season" here in Jefferson, and we’re ready for Fall &
Show Us Your Mardi Gras Contest!
Well, 2020 gave us a lot of twists and turns, and now in 2021, we have a Mardi Gras season with no parades. But, we are a strong and resilient community and even though there may not be parades, there will still be joy and celebration. Visit Jefferson Parish wants to keep the good times rolling with our Show Us Your Mardi Gras contest! Just send us a pic of you, your friends or family celebrating Mardi Gras either from recent years or finding ways to celebrate this year. Maybe you're creating a "House Float" or simply enjoying a King Cake. Submit your photo and you could be eligible to win a gift basket worth over $300 full of local treats. Entry details below:
How To Enter: (Don't worry...it's easy!)
1) "Like" the Visit Jefferson Parish Facebook page if you haven't already!
2) Submit your picture in a private message ONLY to the Visit Jefferson Parish Facebook page. Please make sure to include your contact information (name, address, birthday, phone number & email) Only one entry per household.
3) Please note: Your must own the rights to the photo.
3) We will add it to our Show Me Your Mardi Gras Contest Photo Album.
4) Have your family & friends visit and "like" our page. Then "like" your photo that will be listed in the Show Me Your Mardi Gras Contest Photo Album.
5) The picture with the most likes will win our Jefferson Parish Goodie Basket worth over $300.
Gift basket valued at over $300 full of local goodies!
- 4 Tickets to a NOLA Gold Rugby Game + Custom Swag
- 2 16 oz Bags of Parish Coffee
- $20 Gift Card to Gattuso's Restaurant, Bar & Catering
- Swag from Raising Cane's
- $50 Haydel's Bakery Gift Card
- Trio of Mam Papaul's Seasonings
- 4 Family Gras T-Shirts
- Contest will run Monday, January 18 - Wednesday, February 10, 2021.
- Last day to submit a photo is Wednesday, February 3, 2021 by 5:00 pm (CST).
- All photos must be submitted to the Visit Jefferson Parish Facebook page in a private message and not posted to the wall of the Facebook page or in the post comments.
- To enter contest you must provide required contact information: full name, address, birthday, phone number & email.
- Winners will be determined by fans voting for their favorite picture and one winner will be chosen.
- Last day to cast a vote with a “like” will be on Wednesday, February 10, 2021 at 5:00 pm (CST).
- The winner will be announced on Thursday, February 11, 2021.
- Must be 18 years of age to enter.
- One entry per household.
- Winner will have the gift basket delivered if they live within 24 miles of Metairie, LA. If not, the gift basket will be shipped.
*Employees of Jefferson CVB, JCVB Board of Directors, Buisson Creative Strategies, & their families are not eligible to enter. All applicable federal & state rules apply. Any claims arising out of this promotion are to be governed by Louisiana law. This promotion is void where prohibited by law. One entry per household allowed (ODDS OF WINNING DEPEND UPON THE NUMBER OF ENTRIES RECEIVED/ PICTURE WITH THE MOST LIKES WILL WIN.)
Find more Mardi Gras inspiration!
Plan an Outdoor Getaway to Jefferson Parish, Louisiana A mere 10-minute drive from downtown New
Did you know that rugby is the fastest growing sport in the US? And we are extremely lucky to have
Fishing and fighting. Gambling and jazz. Boatbuilders and booze. All figure into tales of early
New Orleans’ Playful Neighbor
Nestled next to our famous neighbor, New Orleans, Jefferson offers a vibrant night life, as well as the quiet serenity of a nature walk. Our communities are comprised historic homes, fishing piers,... See More
Location: Gretna, Kenner, Westwego
Go beyond the history of the city of New Orleans and take a more in depth look at the history of the Mississippi River region. Jefferson hugs both the east and west banks of the Mississippi and plays... See More
A Culinary Craze
Jefferson Parish restaurants are among Louisiana’s best, offering the freshest ingredients, specialty dishes and friendly staff. Louisiana is known as a culinary epicenter offering a variety of... See More
The Beautiful Bayou
Location: Jean Lafitte
Discover the natural wonders of the Jean Lafitte National Historical Park and Preserve. With a unique ecosystem the preserve is a representative example of the delta's environment, containing natural... See More
Louisiana's Only Inhabited Barrier Island
Location: Grand Isle
The State of Louisiana maintains a mile of beach front at Grand Isle State Park on the easternmost staying e park looks out toward nearby Grand Terre island, once the lair of the legendary pirate (or... See More