Freedom Fest at the Lake
In celebration of the work and workforce, Kenner hosts Freedom Fest at the Lake, a Labor Day tradition!
Freedom Fest had an impressive lineup of artists in 2018! It started with local artists Jenna Hunts. and 90 Degrees West. National acts included Lauren Duski, Chase Bryant and Maddie and Tae! 2019 line-up coming soon!
There is limited parking available at the Pontchartrain Center at a rate of $5.00.
Most items are permitted into the festival with the exception of the following:
- No ice chests or coolers of any size
- Personal transport devices (e.g. skateboards, Segways, hoverboards, go-peds, etc.)
- Inserting stakes, poles, or any other objects into the ground, or use of ropes, cords, tape, etc. to reserve space
- Video and audio recording equipment
- Unauthorized vending or solicitation
- Weapons, illicit drugs, and other contraband
- No outside food or drink allowed
- Reserving tarp space larger than 6’ x 8’ is strictly prohibited
- Personal tents, shade canopies or other shelters/shacks, sport-brellas, etc.
- Beach or pole-style umbrellas (over 63”)
- Promotional items
- Drones (Due to FAA Regulations)
If you are interested in being a vendor, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking for hotels in the area? Jefferson Parish has a variety of budget-friendly as well as luxury hotels that will meet all of your travel needs.
New Orleans’ Playful Neighbor
Nestled next to our famous neighbor, New Orleans, Jefferson offers a vibrant night life, as well as the quiet serenity of a nature walk. Our communities are comprised historic homes, fishing piers,... See More
Location: Gretna, Kenner, Westwego
Go beyond the history of the city of New Orleans and take a more in depth look at the history of the Mississippi River region. Jefferson hugs both the east and west banks of the Mississippi and plays... See More
A Culinary Craze
Jefferson Parish restaurants are among Louisiana’s best, offering the freshest ingredients, specialty dishes and friendly staff. Louisiana is known as a culinary epicenter offering a variety of... See More
The Beautiful Bayou
Location: Jean Lafitte
Discover the natural wonders of the Jean Lafitte National Historical Park and Preserve. With a unique ecosystem the preserve is a representative example of the delta's environment, containing natural... See More
Louisiana's Only Inhabited Barrier Island
Location: Grand Isle
The State of Louisiana maintains a mile of beach front at Grand Isle State Park on the easternmost staying e park looks out toward nearby Grand Terre island, once the lair of the legendary pirate (or... See More