The Louisiana Hospitality Foundation is pleased to host its 7th Annual Gold Medal Chefs Gala and Hospitality Awards on Wednesday, August 15, 2018 at the La Nouvelle Orleans Ballroom inside the Morial New Orleans Convention Center. More than 600 attendees will enjoy an evening of culinary delight featuring a cocktail hour, five-course seated dinner, silent and live auctions, and an industry awards presentation.
This year’s slate of Louisiana-sourced “Gold Medal Chefs” includes:
• Chef Jana Billiot, Restaurant R’evolution
• Chef Scot Craig, Katie’s Restaurant and Francesca
• Chef Michael Gulotta, Maypop and MoPho
• Chef Carl Schaubhut, DTB
• Chef Amy Sins, Langlois
The gala will also feature special guest and celebrity Chef Jose Garces of the Garces Restaurant Group in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania who will prepare one of the evening’s dinner courses.
“The Foundation is excited to showcase such a recognized chef, father, farmer, food and drink lover, restaurateur, James Beard Award winner, author and Iron Chef,” said David Blitch, president and co-founder of the Louisiana Hospitality Foundation. “Chef Garces, combined with the talents of our amazing Louisiana chefs, will provide the best gala dinner this industry has ever enjoyed while celebrating our Foundation’s important work in the community.”
In addition to the dinner, an awards ceremony will feature an awards ceremony to honor those in our community who make a significant impact on our hospitality industry. Honorees will be announced at the gala and presented with a “Hospy Award” for the following categories:
• President’s Outstanding Volunteer Award
• Drago Cvitanovich Award for Outstanding Philanthropy by an Entrepreneur
• Jamie Shannon Outstanding Chef Award
• Bryan Klotz Award for Outstanding Philanthropy by a Supplier
• Archie Casbarian Humanitarian of the Year Award
• Outstanding Philanthropy by a Hotel
• Hotel Champion of Hospitality
Guests purchase either tables or tickets to enjoy an open bar cocktail hour, five-course seated dinner, and exciting silent and live auctions throughout the evening.
Purchase tickets here.