Jefferson Parish Trivia Answers
1. Louisiana's only inhabited barrier island resides in Jefferson Parish.
2. For whom is Jefferson Parish named?
3. Which state and national parks reside in Jefferson Parish?
Jean Lafitte National Park & Preserve, Grand Isle State Park & Bayou Segnette State Park
4. Can you name the three Historic Districts in Jefferson Parish?
Old Gretna, Kenner's Rivertown & Westwego's Sala Avenue
5. The town of Harvey was originally named Cosmopolite City?
6. Where can you find the nation's oldest volunteer fire company, the David Crockett Firehouse, home of the Louisiana State Fire Museum?
7. What Jefferson Parish food trail was created in 2012 in response to the BP Oil Spill and features over 20 restaurants and businesses?
Louisiana Oyster Trail
8. Two Louisiana legendary musicians are buried at Providence Memorial Park in Metairie. Who are they?
Fats Domino & Mahalia Jackson
9. The now world famous (and delicious) charbroiled oyster was invented in Jefferson Parish?
10. Jefferson Parish is home to two award-winning theaters. Can you name them?
Rivertown Theaters for the Performing Arts & Jefferson Performing Arts Society
10. What famous pirate and privateer was instrumental in the Battle of New Orleans and has a town in Jefferson Parish named after him?
New Orleans’ Playful Neighbor
Nestled next to our famous neighbor, New Orleans, Jefferson offers a vibrant night life, as well as the quiet serenity of a nature walk. Our communities are comprised historic homes, fishing piers,... See More
Location: Gretna, Kenner, Westwego
Go beyond the history of the city of New Orleans and take a more in depth look at the history of the Mississippi River region. Jefferson hugs both the east and west banks of the Mississippi and plays... See More
A Culinary Craze
Jefferson Parish restaurants are among Louisiana’s best, offering the freshest ingredients, specialty dishes and friendly staff. Louisiana is known as a culinary epicenter offering a variety of... See More
The Beautiful Bayou
Location: Jean Lafitte
Discover the natural wonders of the Jean Lafitte National Historical Park and Preserve. With a unique ecosystem the preserve is a representative example of the delta's environment, containing natural... See More
Louisiana's Only Inhabited Barrier Island
Location: Grand Isle
The State of Louisiana maintains a mile of beach front at Grand Isle State Park on the easternmost staying e park looks out toward nearby Grand Terre island, once the lair of the legendary pirate (or... See More